Friday, July 5, 2013

Mr Moon's Girlfriend - final version

Finally, I got down to complete this painting, which was laying about for quite a while. I regret the pic quality, doesn't capture the finer tints of teal on blue, despite my various attempts. But the close up has better color reproduction, hopefully. I'm also including the previous/trial works, leading up to this painting.

Mr Moon's Girlfriend - 4 ft x 3 ft, acrylic on canvas


close up...


Charcoal drawing and the acrylic under-layer, from this earlier post...




A preliminary/trial version - 19.7 x 13.8 inches, acrylic on canvas paper


And the very first sketch, approx A3, in watersoluble crayons and pencils. This was originally posted here..


4 comments:

  1. I will always make an effort to look at your work .... even if im not on wc ....all my best ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear traveler friend, no matter where you are, its always inspiring to have your discerning and talented eye look over my work. Thank you SO much! :)

      Delete
  2. There is No way I have good judgment Sen .... But your amazing to say that about me , I'am also amazed at how you have never made me feel awkward about being myself around you,.... I'm great full that ...and I thankyou from the disconcerting artist I am becoming in lots of ways ....cheers to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... So nice of you to say that (@ not making awkward) :) Now, I know you'll probably say that I tend to turn around and re-direct words of praise at you :D but the fact is (and this is just a general observation)... we probably become a little self-conscious, and thereby awkward, when we encounter someone who's being judgmental (not that they have any right to do that, after all.. who's going to judge them!).

      Now, since you're such a natural, spontaneous person, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to be judgmental. We don't judge a tree or forest or some natural element, do we? So, if you're not self-conscious/awkward while interacting with me, it probably says something about you :D :D So cheers to YOU too :)

      Delete

Thank you for your thoughtful opinion :)